Day 4: Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
September 13th 2017
Published: September 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Zoe



Today we took a train into Barcelona. We arrived at the train station and it was beautiful. There was greenery everywhere. It was really fast and took 3 hours. It travelled at over 200 kilometers per hour. There was a beautiful view of the lovely country side. It was a very lovely train.



When we arrived in Barcelona and took a cab to our apartment. It is very nice and here is an amazing view of the city. It is also walking distance to the metro. Mum and dad (Kym and Dean) have a double bed. Bella has a single bed and made Franziska and I share a double bed, but in Austria we did the same so I don't mind.



After that went to the park and had a run around. Then mum said that LJ (a parent at school) had recommended a tapas bar for lunch so we walked there but it was closed. So we went to the restaurant next door. It was amazing the pasta was so good, so was the bread with olive oil and tomato paste. We walked to an ice-cream shop as well.
View from the trainView from the trainView from the train

A little house with bushes everywhere





At 6:30, we went to a lovely church called La Sagrada Familia that is still being built. The building started in 1882 and is still being built to this day. If you can visit one place in Barcelona, this should be it. "Still under construction, La Sagrada Familia inspires awe by its sheer vertically in the manner of the medieval cathedrals. There are extraordinary pillars and stained gl"ass.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

See saw at the parkSee saw at the park
See saw at the park

One time Bella went so low that she banged her but on the ground.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb