More Beautiful than Paris and Rome?


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
May 6th 2014
Published: May 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were standing on La Rambla, the wide, tree lined, main promenade through the oldest section of Barcelona, Spain on our second day in town. We got in a little late from Paris the night before and didn’t have time to do much except unpack and fill the refrigerator with groceries and spend a little time getting familiar with our new neighborhood. La Rambla is the most famous street in Barcel... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Barcelona ViewBarcelona View
Barcelona View

From Montjuic Castle



7th May 2014

As always, great writing and photos. I'm glad you came to Spain and I really hope you enjoy it. Are you planning on coming to the Balearics?
7th May 2014

I wish!
Thank you. Unfortunately we won't be able to make it this time. I went to Mallorca many (many, many, many) years ago. It was beautiful and we would like to go again. The ferry from Barcelona to Palma only takes 7 hours, so we thought about it. We will be getting out of town a little while we are here, soon I hope!
7th May 2014

Barcelona!
You truly are world travelers and explorers of great cultures. We love your blogs because they are filled with fun facts, for example half the books sold in Barcelona are sold on St. Jordi's Day. Wonder how many of those books get read? You've had some great locations for your apartments in Rome, Paris and now Barcelona. Hopefully this one is bigger than the one in Paris? Sounds like an amazing city. We may have to go to listen to some music. Eager to read your next discovery in this beautiful part of the world.
7th May 2014

Our apartment here is pretty nice. We actually have a real bed and we each have furniture to sit on! We also have a washing machine which is nice. Most of the guys that we saw getting a book were more interested in the girl than the book, I think. Our son graduates from SF State soon and we are heading home for that after Barcelona. Haven't really figured out what is after that. Europe has been really nice and I'm sure we'll be back soon!

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb