The end of the road...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
July 25th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lunchtime celebrationsLunchtime celebrationsLunchtime celebrations

Celebrating the end of assessed teaching practice on Thursday
I cannot believe I've successfully made it to the end of the course. The last two weeks have been exhausting. I have been swamped with lesson plans and essays to do and have generally worked solidly from 7am until midnight. I've managed the odd lunch break visit to Parc de la Cuitadella which turned out to be a 5 minute walk from International House and has become my sancturary from all the stress at the school.
Anyway, the course is over and those of us who made it to the end all passed successfully. There are 6 of us left who made it all the way to the end. We had our unassessed teaching practice this morning which involved various messy activities including making chocolate spider biscuits, oragami flowers, and pasta shape pictures. This was followed by a much needed party with the kids, followed by a quick shopping trip to buy thank you presents for the tutors combined with a relaxing lunchbreak at placa catalunya (with ice cream!). The afternoon was spent filling in forms and sorting out all the paperwork and then we all raced home to change for our evening celebration! Our evening celebration turned out to be quite a subdued event as we were all too exhausted to do much. We went to a nice Japanese restaurant and then strolled through the streets to see the city by night. We said our goodbyes at the metro and it was really sad to see everyone go their seperate ways. Hopefully there will be a CELTYL reunion in Barcelona one day - a reunion where we will all lie on the beach and wander around sightseeing and actually enjoy being in this amazing city!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb