Triacastela


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
October 2nd 2015
Published: October 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

October 1,2015
It is hard to believe it is October.
Truly the walking day after day is starting to tyre me. As much as the first part was physical, this seems to be a mental fatigue.
We walked from Herrerias to Triacastela today. The guide book seems to be incorrect in distance. I am sure we walked for 36 or more km.
we decided to do this climb in the morning when we were still fresh. The climb was aggressive and it didn't take long to go beyond fresh. I tried to keep my distance from everyone but of course many of us were in the same sweaty state.
the first 4 km was a steep climb to La Faba. We had our breakfast there, a great coffee with Bob Marly music. Camino friends soon joined us. The next 6 km were almost as much up hill to a great little hamlet O'Cebreio. The church dates back to the 9th century. Very simple and holy in its state. The town seems to be in a transition to be a tourist delight offering trinkets etc.
after O'Cebreiro it was an up and down transition downward. Some paths were smooth and others rocky. Some paths were marked clearly, others taken on faith and perceived best option. It was clearly a farming area predominantly dairy. Clear air changed quickly as wind shifts.
The trail down to Triacastila was about 500 meters and difficult. Muscles were tested and when the day was done, so we're they. We met other Camino friends and enjoyed a glass of cold beer and dinner. It is a great little town with good food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



3rd October 2015

Happy Trails
It sounds like you have many beautiful and interesting places and met many beautiful people. It also sounds like this trip has given you an opportunity now to reflect on your life thus far. That is a great gift as we do not do that enough when we are in our comfortable stimulating environments. May God bless and keep you safe on the rest of your journey and may he provide you with strength and wisdom to incorporate into your life when you return. Happy trails!
3rd October 2015

Happy Trails
It sounds like you have many beautiful and interesting places and met many beautiful people. It also sounds like this trip has given you an opportunity now to reflect on your life thus far. That is a great gift as we do not do that enough when we are in our comfortable stimulating environments. May God bless and keep you safe on the rest of your journey and may he provide you with strength and wisdom to incorporate into your life when you return. Happy trails!

Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb