Terradillos de Los Templarios to Bercianos de Real Camino - 27 km


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
June 26th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning el burroGood Morning el burroGood Morning el burro

Love this guy!
Almost a repeat of yesterday - super hot and sunny day on the "Meseta that never ends" for just under 30 km (which of course feels like 130 km by the end of the day). The impending walk was brightened by the sight of a friendly burro just outside of Terradillos who greeted us.

A little further along we came across yet another marker for a "fallen" pilgrim : this one was for Rev. Philip Wren who died May 2013 "on The Way". While it is certainly sad that people have passed away on the Camino, most people seem to agree that at least these folks were doing something they really wanted to do. Another thing that I have come to realize is that you really have to a WANT to do the Camino; otherwise it's just sheer torture for your body!

The "dreaded" hike along the Meseta today was also broken up today by the sighting of a number of "bodegas" (wine cellars built into the side of hills) ; as well as a funny sign indicating that the owner did not want anyone "pooping" on the bodega.

Spent the night in Bercianos - a very small and quiet town. Found some beds in the municipal Albergue which was actually a parochial Albergue which meant it was "donavito" or "pay what you can" for your bed, dinner and breakfast. It is run by volunteers who did a great job getting everyone to "loosen up" after a long walk and get to know each other - great people, great night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Really?Really?
Really?

But what if it's an emergency?
Another "Cozy" Night with Many New Friends Another "Cozy" Night with Many New Friends
Another "Cozy" Night with Many New Friends

Bring on the "snore-chestra" ..... ?


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb