More from Pueblo Ingles


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Soria
May 24th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Soria, Spain


Pueblo Ingles has been a fabulous way to meet the people of Spain. I´ve been talking with Spaniards all week - so much so, that my voice is starting to go. In the mornings, we are assigned to 1 Spaniard each hour for 3 sessions of 1-to-1 conversation. Then we have discussion groups for an hour. We can talk about anything we want to, except for American Politics (which I hate talking about anyway) and the Spanish Civil War (when Franco took power in the 1930s).

Lunch is at 2 pm (in Spain, they eat their meals much later than we do). It´s a 3-course meal with wine & dessert. After lunch is a 2-hour siesta (most days I waited in line during siesta time to use the computer that 40 people had to share) and then more 1-to-1 sessions.

Then we had a group activity - a game, presentation or a skit. One gal from Tennessee taught us Thai Chi. Another woman from Kentucky told us all about the Kentucky Derby. The Spaniards taught us about their hobbies, interests and regions.

The rest of the day we were in sessions all the way up to dinner at 9 pm (another 3-course meal with wine). After dinner we met in the bar with the Spaniards to talk more. They love to party and they stay up late!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th May 2008

What a wonderful way to meet Spaniards!
What a great way to meet people in Spain, Laura. It sounds exhausting, but really interesting. I'm so proud of you - what an adventure. And what a beautiful little town.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb