Sergovia, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
May 15th 2015
Published: May 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A quick 2 hour train ride through some very scenic countryside, you know, "the rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains" sort of stuff, we arrived at the new and ultra modern train station of Sergovia. Upon exiting the station we faced what appeared to be miles and miles of pastures full of cows! We read many travel logs about how "bus 11" would be there waiting to take you to town. Hmmmmm...we and the 200 other people that just unloaded off the train must have read the same stuff as we all looked at each other and said "where's bus 11?" or ANY bus for that matter....even a cab would suffice! One lonely cab arrived from over the horizon and was immediately mobbed...haha Half the people formed a cab line and the other half stood wantonly by the bus stop sign. After 30 minutes the periodic taxis had carted off about a third of the crowd and a handful had started walking to what we assumed was "town". We split up and some of us remained in the imaginary bus stop line while the others stood in the taxi line. Just as were about to be next for a taxi, a bus appeared and we all crammed on it!

It was a good 10 miles to the old town of Sergovia so were were very glad we didn't join the others that choose to walk it. Once we arrived at our destination were were in awe at the massive aqueduct that is the centerpiece of the old city. We wandered up the streets admiring the many shops and watching the street performers and vendors. We stopped along the way at the central church and then on to the fortress/castle. After a quick stop at BURGER KING (I'd had my fill of tapas) haha We easily boarded the bus for our ride to the train station and the return to Madrid.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb