Day 24 & Day 25


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
June 7th 2012
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After Madrid I had a fantastic final week.

On Wednesday we decided o go for a hike. There are many mountains in the area if you couldn’t guess from the pictures. The bus ride was about 20 minutes out of the city (it was 2.50 both ways too) and we found the trail up to the mountain by walking toward the mountain and getting help from a random stranger. I’m glad they knew enough Spanish because I could not understand what was going. All in all we went up the mountain for two and a half hours and ended up finding a place to relax and enjoy Nutella-Peanut Butter Sandwiches. The view was incredible because we could see all the way out into the city and to various places we have visited in the area, like the Palace. It was a great time for all of us.

On Thursday we took another excursion, KAYAKING!!!! I think that the coolest part was the fact that we were KAYAKING!!!! It was drizzling and we got a little damp before getting into the boats. We went to a lake that was shaped like a river. It used to be a river before they clogged it. It is situated in a gigantic ravine. The ravine is home to Egyptian vultures that had young. These gigantic birds were always in flight as we paddled through the water. We had a guide that stopped us for a while talking about a random ruin of a cathedral and told us about its construction, abandonment, and decay.

This was actually pretty funny. One of our professors is from the university in Segovia. He is the department head of Art History. We have a theory that he actually knows everything about everything. Well, whenever we go on excursions we listen to the most random things about the artifacts that we saw. Don’t get me wrong, we love Luis, but he can drawl on a lot. Anyway one of us commented that this guy must have been Luis’ son. What is also funny is he looked kind of like him, too. All in all we had a lot of fun.

That is pretty much the sum-up of those two days. Its unfortunate that I am writing this so late because I really do miss everyone. None of us really recognized how soon we would be saying our goodbyes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb