Segovia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
January 13th 2006
Published: January 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cloisters in the CathedralCloisters in the CathedralCloisters in the Cathedral

Hallway in courtyard.
Today we ventured to Segovia with school. An hour and fifteen minute trip north of the city. This city is representative of why I chose Spain. The beauty and history of the city is not only long traced, but very rich. The city has moorish or middle eastern influence. This can be seen in Alcazar, the fort and other architecture such as this. Also, this castle was the inspiration for Cinderella's castle in Walt Disney World. The city also holds the best remains of any Roman Aqueduct system. Can you believe that there is no cement holding it together! Just the blocks. The cathedral has to be the most beautiful church I have ever seen. The alter is crusted in gold. The ceiling is a tower of gothic inspiration. I'm so tired!!! Now I'm back here at the apartment and just chilling. Spain is the best!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Aqueduct The Aqueduct
The Aqueduct

Is it not amazing? ONLY BRICKS HOLD IT UP, NO CEMENT!
The CathedralThe Cathedral
The Cathedral

If you think it's nice on the outside, you won't believe the inside. But no cameras are allowed to be used in there! Don't want to be sacrilegious.
AlcazarAlcazar
Alcazar

The fort and castle.
La ciudadLa ciudad
La ciudad

The city from the Alcazar


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb