Day 14 - A Good Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Palencia » Carrion de los Condes
October 9th 2012
Published: October 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

"Rollo de Justicia" in the main plaza of Boadilla"Rollo de Justicia" in the main plaza of Boadilla"Rollo de Justicia" in the main plaza of Boadilla

Rollo de Justicia en la plaza del pueblo. El rollo simbolizaba el poder jurídico en la comarca y en él eran encadenados los reos antes de ser juzgados por el corregidor.
Route: Boadilla del Camino - Carrión de los Condes

A good day. Starting with a breakfast during which a table of people expressed their surprise (in a possitive way) about my age. Made me feel good.

The first 3 hours we walked in the mist. Somewhat hummid but very pleasant. Flat terrain all the way. Walked a couple of hours with Alain, a french canadian who talks 70 minutes in an hour, but is entertaining. We met up with a new champion in walking. A Frenchman from Paris that looked like an hobo, who told us that he had been walking the last fifteen... yes, fifteen years, carrying all his belongings in something like a shopping cart. You really can not miss the guy. Before you see him, you can hear him. The wheels of his little cart have not been oiled for a long time, so you can hear it squeak quit some time before you see it.

Talking about interesting persons and things, we also encountered 2 germans with a cart with their backpacks drawn by a dog. They explained that if the terrain is too rocky, they invert roles: the dog in the cart and
Canal de CastillaCanal de CastillaCanal de Castilla

Irrigation for the Meseta de Castilla
they pulling. The dog seemed happy. There are many interesting people and situations under the sun.

Tonight I went to a special mass at the local church. A service specially dedicated to pilgrims. We each individually received the blessing from the priest and later we were give a little paper star made by the nuns attaending the church. Very nice.

I walked almost 28 km in about 6.40 hours.

Tomorrow a bit of a strange day. The first stretch of 16 km ( approx. 4 hours) without a village in the middle. Will have to buy some food before I leave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

SunflowersSunflowers
Sunflowers

Flowers for our grandchildren


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb