Burgos


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
September 16th 2015
Published: September 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

September 14,15
It was a small walk into Burgos. The country part was ok but a lot of it was along the road. Once I'm the city we wee able to take a gentle walk along the river park and I will share some pictures. Burgos is a city of about 200,000 so quite manageable. It is however built along the river and provides for a long walk to your destination. The city has several bronze statues many of which pay tribute to the pilgrims. We spent 2 evenings in Burgos, time to see part of the city and rest our feet somewhat. We visited the Cathedral which is well worth the 2+ hours. We also ent to the Castile which was a waste of time. Napoleon destroyed a good portion and there has been no efforts to restore it. We were very fortunate to catch up with some of our pilgrim friends... Scott,Deanna,Sonia,James , Joanne ,jimmy and Dave. It was particularly nice to have 2 meals with Robyn and Ernesto.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



17th September 2015

finally had a chance to catch up on your travels. I cant believe how much ground you have already covered. I can see by the photos that Terri is right in her element. Good food, good wine and good conversation! PS : Your house is still standing.
17th September 2015

House
Thanks for the up date. Good to hear there have been no explosions. Can't believe we are almost half way. A good feeling

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb