Tenerife – The Good, The Even Better, and The Absolutely Fabulous!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
June 25th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tenerife, one of the most popular holiday and honeymoon destinations in the world, is well known for hot weather, gorgeous beaches and crystal clear waters.

It is also the largest, and most populated out of the seven land masses that form the Canary Islands.

Tenerife boasts of many different features which make up its overall economy, including the prestigious University of La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife (the seat of the island council and capital city of the island).

Get more information about the island at Tenerife Forum which has now become a popular resource for all things Tenerife.

The Carnival of Santa Cruz is the most important festival on the island and one of the largest in the world with its flamboyance and energy.

Many people flock to Tenerife to take advantage of the culture, the weather, and the overall atmosphere of friendliness and fun combined.
Before booking a holiday, it’s advisable to research online and get some insights from popular Tenerife blogs before making the decision on which area of the island is suitable for you, and the activities available during the months proposed.



Santa Cruz de Tenerife HarbourAnyone looking to visit Tenerife during the Summer months (May-September) can expect to see a wide array of traditional festivals, including the “firework battle” on May 3, the “Dia de las Alfombras” (Day of the Carpets) in June, and “Fiestas del Carmen”, in July.

The Winter months also hold attractions, such as the “Fiestas of San Andres” in November, and extravagant Christmas decorations and traditions in December..



Those visiting the island to seek out its culture also won’t be disappointed, because the Spanish influence that has been present since the 15th century still plays a very large part in the vibrancy and cosmopolitan atmosphere that is easily found on the island. From art galleries to museums, and beautiful scenery to architecture , it’s easy to see why Tenerife is such a popular holiday spot for young and old alike..



Expect to be pleasantly surprised by what you can see and do when on the island and we hope that you visit and enjoy what the island offers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb