Still travelling


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
October 30th 2011
Published: November 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Madrid at about 6.30am this morning after an 8 hour flight. During that time the clocks also went back, which made it even worse.

We have another 5 hour wait for our flight to Tenerife. To try to make this a little more relaxing, we have booked a lounge for the duration, which we believe is near to the gate that our plane will leave from.

Whenever we visit Madrid airport, we always seem to get lost.

When we got off the plane from San Juan, we asked at the first information desk where the lounge was. We were advised that we would need to exit the gates and ask at an information desk there. We did this, and were advised to go further out of the airport. We then asked another information clerk, and were directed nearly straight back to where we had come from. Had to go back through security again.

Eventually found the lounge and had a relaxing three hours there. Had plenty of drink and some snacks to eat.

The flight back to Tenerife was delayed by half an hour meaning we get home about 3.30pm after about 28 hours of travelling.

A quick taxi ride and finally we are home. It’s great to be back.

Tomorrow, we have the builders starting on the bathrooms, so any remaining washing is done so that we do not miss the washing machine too much.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb