A paradise called Canary Islands


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands
January 1st 2017
Published: January 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

In order to escape the bitter winter and cold of Europe I decided to have an experience going to lanzarote which is one of the 7 islands of the Canaries.

I landed by night and so I had to sleep for a few hours in the airport.

As a first place to stay I discovered that,there was a camping site just on the beach.

El Papagayo coastline is really remote and is perfect to relax on the beach and going exploring the surroundings.

But to get up here I had to walk along the rugged coast for about 4.5 km which I enjoyed since it was breezy and not too much hot.

Plenty of sailing boats dotted the sea and it was spectacular. There are also nudist beaches here.

To me it seemed like to be landed on a different world: from the bustle and hustle of a metropoly like Madrid to this unspoilt island in the Atlantic Ocean.

Africa is not far from here, it is only 125 km away.

I pitched my tent and soon started exploring the area around the camping.

A few bays extended along the coast and nobody was there so I had the entire place for myself.

This is definitely a place where I want to be for a while.

Also here tourism got to destroy a good part of this fantastic island and it seems that what is more important is money than the nature.

Although these islands are under the Spanish goverment they are about 1,000 km away from the Iberian peninsula.

I also found, on the cliff, a cool restaurant with the stunning vistas of the Atlantic Ocean.

I stayed there until sunset and it is just glorious, colourful, striking and worthwhile the waiting.

I explored the top sightseeing of this island: El Parque national de los volcanes de Timanfaya.

I had to catch a bus heading to Yaiza first and then I walked and trekked all the way to the volcanos.

I always enjoy walking by myself when visiting a place away from the crowds of tourists and caos that you find in certain sites.

The first stretch was on the road but luckily not many vehicles passed by a that time.

It was really awesome admiring such a beautiful landscape around me and one of those unique moments of relax and possibility to think over my plans for the future.

When I got to the park I spotted a line of dromedaries making their way along the trails around the volcanoes.

Only down point was that certain parts of the N.P. were prohibited to visit by yourself: much because the N.P. services want to exploit at their maximun the area so that the travellers are under obligation to pay for a visit within the route to see them closely.

I had only my t-shirt and the wind was beginning to be cooler so I ,then, called a taxi to pick me up and back to Yaiza to head home.

In these few days I have been here I really loved the time spent on this island and these wonderful places I visited.

It is a perfect place with its temperate climate all year round, the slow pace lifestyle and the dramatic scenaries everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 154, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



9th January 2017
Dromedaries in Timanfaya

Canary Islands
Must be the first blog I've ever seen of the Canary islands, Marcos. What a brilliant idea of yours to go there. A tent on the beach and your pics are surreal.
9th January 2017
Dromedaries in Timanfaya

Canary Islands
It is probably one of the best places for beach camping and completely immersed in the nature. Truly fantastic.Thanks Dave.
9th January 2017

Sunsets
Seems you've found a treasure of sunsets in the Canary Islands, Marcos. I'll post some in "My Mother in Law Sunsets" in the Photography Forum
9th January 2017

Sunsets
Hey Dave, thanks for the appreciation of my photos..
9th January 2017

Sunsets
Hey Dave, thanks for the appreciation of my photos..
13th May 2017

Hi uncle, The lands of Canarie that's coll.The scenary il beatiful.How are You?You're Blog that's fantastic.Is beatiful.Goodbye uncle.Great You all The family
Hi uncle,The lands of Canarie that's Coll. The scenary is beatiful.You're Blog is Very coll.is fantastic.How are You? Goodbye uncle.You all The family
13th May 2017

Gabri
Ciao bel nedrot!!!come stai? mi fa piacere che abbia commentato riguardo al blog delle Canarie. Un bacione a tutta la famiglia e fai il bravo. Ciao Gabri a presto ti voglio bene..

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb