On the buses


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » La Palma
November 17th 2015
Published: November 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We used the local buses to tour around the island. We visited Santa Cruz and then onto Los Sauces on one journey.

We also used the buses to get to Los Llanos, Puerto Tazacorte Puerto Naos and Fuencaliente.

Buses are reasonably frequent and fares were 1.37Euro up to 8km and 2.10 Euro over 8km. Not bad at all!

The roads are steep and tortuous winding up and down the mountainsides. The scenery is stunning.

Santa Cruz to Los Sauces took about 40 minutes on the bus along winding roads, through tunnels with great views of the coastline far below the road.

From Los Sauces we enjoyed a walk down a very steep hill to San Andrés.

There was some wonderful scenery including the mountains, the sea and coastline and the farmland with many banana plantations.

San Andrés is a lovely village by the sea with an ancient church next to a tree lined square with cafe and restaurants.

The only problem was the walk uphill back to Los Sauces. It was so steep and tiring!

It was nice to have a well deserved ice cream in the Los Sauces plaza overlooking the Iglesia Nuestra Senora de Montserrat before catching the bus back to Santa Cruz.

We also enjoyed our visit to Los Llanos a large town with nice cobbled streets and towering mountains in the distance.

Another visit was to Puerto Tazacorte. We walked along the seafront with the waves crashing in. Then enjoyed some tapas at the Playa Mont restaurant, avovado and shrimps, mussels and Spanish omelette!

The bus South took us to Fuencaliente. It was a short walk to the San Antonio volcano and visitor centre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb