Back in the Water


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » La Palma
July 28th 2014
Published: July 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back in the WaterBack in the WaterBack in the Water

It took about 8 hours for the ship to return to water.
The ship is in the water! That means cooler conditions and more lights. We are back on water restrictions because three of the four tanks are in the process of being repaired. The families have moved back to the ship. Things are still on schedule to go to Tenerife sometime at the beginning of August. Some bunkering was done today (loading of fuel). The work continues to the inside of the ship.
I have been working long hours in the café and store. Our staff was down to three because some long-term people take a vacation during dry dock. I mostly sold cold drink and phone cards in the evening. Sometimes I made popcorn if enough people wanted it.
Last weekend I had off on Saturday and most of Sunday. A group of us went to Aguines on Sunday. It is a small town. We spent our time around the old church where there were statues of a donkey, a camel, a couple dancing in native dress, a woman handing out candy (She was well known around the island for handing out candy to children.), a desk and two chairs (paper and pencil were carved on the desk), a group of children reading, and a naked lady playing the cello (music was coming out from the base). Good picture taking opportunities.
Some of the old houses had areas of exposed volcanic rock randomly on the exterior walls. The rest of the walls were covered with more modern day material.
Carlos, one of the engineers, was with us. He is fluent in Spanish and found us a delightful place to eat. We stayed there for a few hours. Here, it is the custom to linger. You never feel rushed to leave. You are presented the bill only when you ask for it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb