Into Basque Country


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » Tolosa
October 29th 2011
Published: October 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Okay, so we're not actually in Tolosa. We arrived yesterday in Zarautz, which is where we will stay for the duration of the festival. Zarautz is a coastal resort town about 30 minutes by bus from Tolosa.

Yesterday's schedule was pretty tight. We arrived, checked in, and went immediately to rehearse. After a brief rehearsal, we came back to the hotel, changed clothes, and went back to the church to sing. The house was packed, and again we found an incredibly receptive and appreciative audience.

After the concert, we came back to the hotel, changed again, and left immediately for dinner (later than expected: 10:30 pm). The restaurant staff was lovely, and served up a tasty beef stew. This was a welcome change for some singers, as much of the cuisine thus far has focused on cured meats, lightly fried meats, and various styles of potato preparation.

We rehearse again this morning, and have a concert this evening in Polanco (2 hours by bus). That will be followed by dinner, and a busload of weary folks will trundle back to Zarautz.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb