Day 40 San Sebastian


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
May 27th 2018
Published: May 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I left the hotel with a case load of laundry. It took me nearly 40 minutes to reach my destination. Oh, how the universe provides. Instead of a sit and watch the machines spin around it was full-on meeting two wonderful women with conversation flowing as if we were life- long friends. One, a Finnish woman, 7 months pregnant as well as mother of a 3 year old girl and the other a Spanish lady, an economist and mother of 2 boys, 14 and 10. They helped me work the machines; okay, they set them going and then we interacted as friendly humans. 3 people from 3 different countries talking and laughing and sharing. As if in a blink the hour and half passed. We exchanged communications, hugged and went our separate ways. That’s travel.

Buoyed by the exchange the walk uphill to the hotel passed quickly. It was then into the next enjoyable part of travel. Jane had recovered enough for us to head to the oldest and best Italian restaurant in San Sebastian. It was packed. We fitted right in. However, due to a communication mix up with the helpful waitress we ended up being served 4 main
courses … I had to eat 3 … plus dessert and double serves of wine … or … was that 2 bottles of wine … neither of us can really remember.

The final part of the 3 was to walk Jane to the Wind Comb sculpture that she had not seen and for us both to enjoy the locals out and enjoying their backyard … young girls of 14 waiting for the waves to roll in against the seawall. They had a long wait between waves but one could see that they were having a good time with each other. We also watched 2 up and coming female tennis players being coached.

We trudged back up the hill for the final time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement




Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb