Majorca 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
January 23rd 2016
Published: January 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Majorca 2
Saturday Jan 23 2016
Today was like a typical summers day in Lancashire with a high of 18 degrees and the sun burning my back at lunchtime in the square in Campanet. For the first time this week I took off my leg warmers and went into fingerless gloves and felt great. The first long climb, after leaving Port de Pollenca, was up the Col de Femenia at 515m and was a bit of a pull but we didn't push too hard to save our legs because there was not climbing to do to reach the cafe at the Coll de se Batalla. We did not stop since it was a bit early for lunch and it was full of posers on motorbikes. We chased down the hairpins to Caimari avoiding the stupid motorcyclists passing the horde of team bikes chasing up the hill on blind bends. Fools. Turning left we climbed over the hill through Moscari to Campanet for lunch in the blazing sun. The climb to Moscari was made easier through using the unfinished roadworks on smooth Tarmac, unlike the old road which was rough, as many are, with holes, bumps and broken surfaces. The Majorcan roads are very good indeed, or dreadful. After lunch we took a more level route along the plain through Buger ( not pronounced Bugger but ’boo k hair’) before heading back to the coast along picturesque routes and a nice warm shower in Bill’s flat. One more day to go then box up the bike, clean the flat and head back home to Blighty and some of the North West’s best weather offers. A bit of a Buger I think. A restaurant is planned tonight and it will have to be good to beat the lamb shank of earlier in the week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Gulley at roadside Gulley at roadside
Gulley at roadside

No barriers. Near Pollenca.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb