At sea 10/22


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca » Illetas
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

October 22,2010 - AT SEA

Folks wonder if you can be bored on cruises with many sea days. The answer depends on what one enjoys. For example, I get up today at 8:00 am, shower and go to the Lido for breakfast. Coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, mixed fruit and smoked salmon with cream cheese, capers, onions and cream fills my tummy.
I head to the Piano Bar where the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet is scheduled. Since I am early I chat with the beverage manager and read my book until the crowd arrives, and such a crowd it is. More than one hundred people have signed up and I think almost all attended. Captain Mercer put in an appearance and gave a humorous talk and the Chief Engineer, Hotel Manager and Beverage Manager were in attendance.
Now it was time to sign up for the Texas Hold E”m Tournament and head for the dining room for the singles and solos luncheon. I am seated at a table for ten, nine women and one man. It really doesn’t matter the dynamics of gender as we have much in common, our love of traveling, and many adventures to share. Then it’s off to the casino for the tournament and, guess what folks, I come in first. So I’m up by $110 for poker.
Now it’s time to read, enjoy my Teaching Company course, nap and then get ready for dinner in the Tamarind Restaurant.
This is a new feature on HAL, an Asian Fusion restaurant and it is great. Not only is the food and service wonderful but also I am seated next to Bill and Harriett, my lunch companions from the Cinque Terre. Then it’s on to have my picture taken with the Capitan and the show. I can’t tell you of the quality of the show because the decibel level was so high that my ears felt as if they were bleeding. Bob, Bev and I left early and headed to my cabin for a Lemoncino before settling in for the night.
Tomorrow, Valencia!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb