Majorca 3 Pollenca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca » Alcudia
January 24th 2016
Published: January 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Majorca 3
We woke up today to an overcast sky and were expecting a poor day. However it was quite warm at 10 degrees when we set off on our bikes at 10 o'clock and the day improved as we made our way through Alcudia to Lluba for lunch. Again we encountered a large group of Team Sky riders going the opposite way and I thought I would take a photograph but with all the excitement all I took was a video of the Tarmac. I had to take a photo of a disused windmill instead. It was either that or another twisty gate. We passed along a very fertile plain which reminded me of Banks and Crossens near Southport growing potatoes, lettuce, beans and artichokes etc. We also passed some very variable ploughed land, some with a large proportion of stones and some which had sections of pure stone and no soil. Good for polishing up the plough shares but not very good good for growing crops. I also saw a British Fordson Major tractor in a building, which was the first British tractor seen. We have seem many Fiats,a few John Deeres and Lamborghinis, which bear no relation to the cars, but no David Browns or Fergusons. Once back at base we washed the bikes off and then stripped mine completely before fitting it into the tiny box ready for the flight home tomorrow. When I get home I will have to open the box and change the tyres ready for Australia next month with its gravel cycle paths and dirt roads with panniers on board. We have been favoured with good weather this week and temperatures not dissimilar to a summers day in Clitheroe. The scenery is a nice change and the cafes are good, serving good cheap food in pleasant surroundings. Two coffees and two large ham or cheese sandwiches with salad for 8 to 10 euros - bargain. I think we should tell the cafes in the Ribble Valley.
Good week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Spanish road rollerSpanish road roller
Spanish road roller

Roundabout sculpture.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb