Ibizia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza
May 4th 2005
Published: May 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post


At Sea
John and I are thoroughly enjoying our cruise- we have definitely found our niche in the cruise market. We are likening it to Charleston place or Kauai Hyatt for comfort, experience and service. Orange Roughy sandwiches to die for!
We met two really nice ladies, from England, last night as we sailed away to the beautiful music the play each night as we set sail. Their names are Adela “mum” and her daughter Lynn. Mum has been everywhere and it sounds as if her children and grandchildren have as well. Lynn is a pharmacist.


Ibizia
The island of the stars- Said to be the playground of European celebrities and known for its nightlife.
John and I spent most of our day in the winding streets of Dalt Vila, very reminiscent of the Greek islands. Climbing up to the cathedral and castle remains, then looking out to the sea. Last night on the ship we watched Troy, not a great movie, Brad Pitt sure is pretty though, however the movie gave us a much better impression of why the forts and castle were built on the hills overlooking the bay.
Our afternoon was spent in a square where we met a dog, who introduced us to Alok, a young man from Germany who introduced us to his new found friend from Astonia. They asked us to join them for café, across the plaza. We really enjoyed this time talking with them and finding out about the area. Learning about Alok’s work as a coach and learning that the girl from Astonia had just arrived there to live yesterday. She’s 21 years old. Feeling like one of the locals, we ordered café cortado and chatted with each other for well over an hour. I watched the people in the plaza during the lulls, a mother with her toddler chasing the pigeons, the people and their dogs, a rock star looking guy playing football with a young boy. And little girls making braided bracelets to sell to the tourists and gossiping and giggling like all little girls do. Flirting with boys too.
In the evening after dinner John and I went back looking for the little café, for one more cortado before leaving this charming, and lazy, island.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb