Gijon


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

24th March

So, had an early night & slept soundly, woke late & read the news in bed with tea. We were going to jump on a bus to Gijon but Cathy didn’t feel too good so after brunch we walked to the supermarket for a couple of bits, around 6 kilometres round trip. No-one spoke a word of English in there, I bet they’re fluent in Spanish in Sainsbury.

Whilst we walked over we could see what we thought was the tower & roof of a church but when we rounded a corner the building was gigantic. Turns out that this place is the Laboral Ciudad de la Cultura & is rather splendid. Didn't visit as Cathy was deteriorating. Nearby was another huge building which was a University hospital on the scale of the JR in Oxford but not as splendid.

Back home & I sat in the sunshine out of the wind but Cathy went to bed not feeling very well, shivering with 2 paracetamol (really can't get the staff)...what to do? Sit in the last of the sunshine in a fleece & write this stuff; got very chilly very quickly. Last night was down to 3* but hopefully a tad warmer tonight. We'd planned to come back here on our journey home & probably still will as it's not a bad setting for the odd night or two, though I'd hate to be here in high season. Mind you I'm sure most if not all coastal sites are similar.

A short day today then but on the move tomorrow all being well, only 90 kilometres across the coast but we’ll see...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb