Gijon


Advertisement
Published: March 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

23rd March

Disturbed night sleep with the ship pitching all over the place & the fittings creaking all night. Still, this ferry is much better & quieter than the ones we used to use 20 odd years ago. Just had our petit dejeuner & now sat in the reading lounge which is very comfortable & from here I can see that I did leave the handbrake on Billy.

Now we’ve arrived, an easy disembarkation & port exit. Within 500 yards Cathy had the first run in with the Dyson & we took a wrong turn haha! Only a couple of minutes detour though...

160 km drive to the first site near Gijon along a very quiet coastal motorway at the base of the mountains most of which were Picos de Europa. The windy weather we’d sailed through hit the coast & it rained – heavily. But the rain cleaned Billy of most of the salt at least. The road was surrounded with beautiful scenery. Rugged coastline to our right & mountains to our left & forests of eucalyptus trees. We arrived, in sunshine, at the site which is very big but pretty much deserted at this time of year. Thankfully the lady at reception spoke some English as I realised that I speak more Turkish than Spanish – I resist the temptation to put an ‘O’ after English words...stupido.

Now sat in the bar to get the WiFi before they close at 7pm ie in 10 minutes time. Still got sea legs on...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb