Last day of heat?


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Asturias » Cudillero
April 24th 2017
Published: April 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

24th April

Spoke to the lady from the mountains last night; they apparently had sold their house last year, bought a big van & toured Europe for a year & were about to go home. They wanted 3 weeks at home, go off again, go home, sell the van, go to Oz next year then come home & then they’d ‘probably’ have to go back to work again. I asked where they would live. The reply was we have 2 grown children... quote, pay back time!

Looked at the forecast last night & it seems that today was going to be the last hot day before some mixed weather for a while so we decided to do some washing in the morning to ensure getting it dry. Once we had hung it out we jumped on the bikes for the beach. Hung a left out of the campsite for 200 yards & the road got steeper & steeper, winding down the ravine, double bends & about 1 in 4 easy & in about 5 minutes down to a cracking beach with rocks, crashing waves & a backdrop of a steep bluff covered with eucalyptus. We just sat, watched the sea, read our books...just passed the time. 3 people came down the steps onto the rocks where we were sat to avoid the incoming tide. They were Chinese, 2 women & 1 man apparently from Harrow hahaha! They struck some poses on the rocks as they do, later saying bye bye & looking so proud that they had mastered a foreign language. I said waskarimas which totally threw them...mainly because it’s Japanese & they thought that they’d dropped a clanger; their faces were a picture of total Confuscious hee hee!

The temperature started to fall around 3pm with the wind sheer so off we went to tackle ie walk back up the ravine. It was a stiff climb & took 20 minutes for the really steep bit which was most of it. A pleasant way to spend a few hours, back to base & it got a bit chilly again as the sun went behind the clouds. The forecast confirmed that the weather was going to change overnight so put the bikes back on the rack as there was little chance of using them again here for a while.

Quite a few vans had turned up...I reckon more than a few people use this as their first/last stop from/to Santander port..including a few Brits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb