Day 14/15 Seville and Conil de la Frontera.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
June 1st 2017
Published: June 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Moved on a day early from Caceres , to do Seville and get nearer the coast for cooler breezes.

The journey was good, leaving behind the arid plains, for sunflowers, Olive groves and more vineyards...but this time, grown for sherry, as we were nearing the sherry production capital, Jerez de la Frontera. All the time, the central reservation was ablaze with deep pink, red or white oleander bushes. We had a little detour, thanks to Margot(satnav) when, as the Seville road was temporarily closed, she took us into a quaint little village, which Graham amazingly managed to negotiate us back out of, while I was exclaiming at the avenues of orange trees we were driving through....I was surprised he didn't notice them!

Arrived at the Seville site which was like a large, very crowded and badly parked car park. So close to neighbours that one side I could read the book the chap was reading in his bed in the camper van and the other side Graham could zip up their tent for them from our window!!

As so awful we went straight into Seville, did the hop on off bus tour, stopped at the Gothic Cathedral and La Giralda, the bell tower, both beautiful and also palaces and the Torre de Oreo, Tower of gold, 13th century, built as a defensive lookout for the port and now a museum. Stayed until late evening when a stroll along the tree-lined promenade, beside the Guadalquivir(river) with the sun setting on the horizon, was a lovely end to a very hot day.

Today,off as early as able to extricate ourselves from the site, we headed for Conil de la Frontera, 30 miles south of Cadiz. What a wonderful contrast from yesterday's site! Large, quiet, partly shaded, with a beautiful swimming pool and a bar and restaurant. Had a swim early evening, BBQ and some chilled rose and life is good again. Will stay here a few days and probably celebrate Graham's birthday here on Monday.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb