Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
April 19th 2017
Published: April 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

SPAIN

We eventually got to Spain on March 27th 2017 after most of the renovation work was done on the bungalow. The builders were going to finish it off whilst we were away……but that’s another story!! Its still an ongoing project but it’s progressing nicely……..

We arrived in Spain late at night and had to unpack and re-pack as we were going on the Field Clubs walking holiday to Andalujar – north of Jaen, at 7.00am the next day!

We had some wonderful walks, with loads of wild lavender, reflections in lakes and spring flowers everywhere including orchids and fratilliaries. The highlight of the holiday was a walk starting at the Basilica Sanctuario Virgen de la Cabeza, a massive shrine, used as a refuge in the Spanish Civil War, and according to legend, the image of the Virgin was found by a shepherd from Granada, who was feeding his sheep on the outskirts of Cabezo on the night of 11th- 12th August 1227 and the Blessed Virgin asked for a temple to be built in that place!! Fantastic 360 degree views all around and the walk want down through a gorge to a river. There was lots of socialising as well and managed to catch up with most people.

Back home where we also had a walk with a new Walking Group we heard about on our last visit – Rambling Al – and went on a 6km walk to the Roman Silver Mines and then discovered that Alhaurin was hosting a tapas competition, so that enabled us to try out a few different bars!!

Also did a beautiful 11km walk along the Rio Grande with the ‘Senderistas’ with masses of wild spring flowers everywhere. At long last had our security scissor doors fitted by Antonio and all to soon it was back to the UK on the 7th April ready for our trip to the USA 10 days later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th April 2017

Exhausted
I am exhausted just reading about this! Have fun
19th April 2017

Good first day! :-)
?

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb