Marbella


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
June 4th 2019
Published: June 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Marbella.
After our long flight from Shanghai to Malaga via Frankfurt, we were very happy to see Brigette and Toni at the airport to pick us up.
They took us to their apartment in Marbella that looks out over the Mediterranean Sea and on a good clear day we can see Africa 120kms away.
We are very grateful that they share their small space with us.
Most days begin with a sumptuous fruit and cereal breakfast along with good German coffee, while soaking up the view.
We went up into the mountains north of Marbella to visit their friend Sabine that has a small Finca (like a 10 acre block) where they have a couple of donkeys, rabbits , chooks and a few rescued dogs.
Returning to Marbella for our evening meal cooked on an ELECTRIC Webber BBQ. Funny thing is it worked out ok.
Another day we went into the mountains again for a lunch at another Finca with a family run Restaurant.
Our last day we drove again up into the mountains to Pizzara where we stayed overnight at the Cortijo del Arte Hotel and restaurant.
The hotel complex was once used to house milking cows, along with their calves and the Bulls to serve them.
Our room was a converted Pen that once housed the bulls.
We had a fabulous Parillia (BBQ with wood and smoke) along with a few local wines to help it digest.
We got away after a very nice breakfast (included) and drove to Ronda, which was full of tourists, even this early in the season !!
Driving on from there, we went to the ‘Blue Village’, Júzcar, where they filmed the Smerf movie a few years ago. The film company arranged to have the village painted blue and that’s how it is today.
All in all a very pleasant few days spent with very special German friends that we met on motorcycles at JR’s Road Kill Restaurant for breakfast in Utah, USA back in 1990.
Now the next chapter Budapest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The court yard at the hotel. The court yard at the hotel.
The court yard at the hotel.

This is where the Bulls served the cows.


4th June 2019

Hi
Sounds like an exciting, enjoyable trip so far. What are your plans in Budapest? We were there 4 years ago and did an Avalon River cruise from Budapest up to Amsterdam.
10th June 2019

APT River Cruise
Hi Josie as you can see by now, we’re doing exactly that but with APT. So far so good.
9th June 2019

Cool as
Cher man! Looks like you are having a blast! Windy & Cold here! Travel well Dave & Dorothy

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb