Day 11 Chutney Tears


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Sierra Nevada
September 23rd 2009
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Due to the lack of space in our storeroom and the preponderance of mattress’s I figured it might be a good idea if we simply stacked all the surplus mattress’s on our beds and sleep on top of them. Dee initially thought I was slightly more than crazy and so I was going to have all five on my bed but after stacking them up she was worried that I and they might topple over in the middle of the night and crush her so she gave in and agreed to share them between us.

Unfortunately what seemed a good idea in principle turned out to be a lousy idea in practice (possibly since half the mattress’s were cheap foam ones) and instead of being more comfortable they just ended up being highly unstable and at one point in the night I woke to feel myself tipping sideways towards the storage trunk.

Today was a day of tears, after the usual daily chores of pool cleaning and trekking five miles (I exaggerate but I’m tired after lugging all the gas bottles down to the car yesterday, so it feels like 5 miles) to water olive trees we set to making home made chutney, chopping a huge portion of tomatoes, apples and the culprit as far as the tears are concerned strong Spanish Onions.

Its Dee’s turn to feel melancholy today and after a sleepless night, standing chopping for 2 hours is not what she needs, but she soldiers on mightily and we make it to 5pm without too much incident but defiantly slightly the worse for wear.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



13th October 2009

GLORIOUS SUNSETS
Sunsets to rival Aber! By the by, shops/museums often close on Mondays in Spain to make up for Saturday opening. They have to have a day off sometime! Love Raqs XX

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb