Seville


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
September 20th 2004
Published: May 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Seville is a very charming spanish city.

Me and my partner Nicko stayed there for a couple of days during our holiday in Andalucia in september 2004. We had a lovely time. We stayed at a very Nice patio hotel at the C/Lumbreras. A 20 min walk to the historical city center, but you can easily take the circle bus. Rates around 90 euros per room per night, and a parking in the basement. Very nice apartmentstyle rooms with a kitchen and separate bedroom.
Website: www.patiosdesevilla.com

We visited the Alcazar, the Cathedral and her Giralda, the tower, form where you have stunning views over the city.

Where are really the remains of Christopher Columbus ? Is he buried in Sevilla or Santo Domingo ? The controversy has been going on for a century, and the historians try to know which of the two graves is really the one which contains the remains of Christopher Columbus us, Admiral of the Ocean sea, who discovered America. According to Marcial Castro, from Granada University, “no historian in the world has formal evidence to assert where Columbus is buried, and this is what we try to determine with this analysis “.
The
Patios de SevillaPatios de SevillaPatios de Sevilla

A very nice apartment hotel!
Andalusian local authorities have asked several times to the clerical authorities of Sevilla and to the The Dominican authorities to open the graves, considered by each part as being the authentic one of Christopher Columbus, in order to do an expert assessment.
More about this mystery: www.cristobal-colon.net

Of course we checked out several tapasbars, more about our favourite Santa Cruz here






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cathedral SevilleCathedral Seville
Cathedral Seville

Where Columbus is buried, they say..


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb