traveling on tour


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
June 21st 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Notes on Touring

This evening we are in Seville and it is a quiet night so I thought I would add some impressions and ideas about TOURING.

First and foremost touring in NOT vacationing. You are up early most days before 6:30 am. You are regimented be here at a certain time, eat at a certain time, free time is limited. You TRAVEL long distances by bus, comfortable bus as it may be, you are still sitting a long time on the bus. How do you survive this vacation?

First be flexible. Choose your tour properly. Know your tour operator. We have done Trafalgar tours all over the world and can recommend them HIGHLY. You must however choose the right tour. For example we had two options for this tour. First Class or Cost Saver. We chose Cost Saver….never again.

Don’t get me wrong the tour is great and is the same as the First Class EXCEPT:

Hotels are farther out of the city…noting to do at night

More meals are in the hotel….much simpler fare and not really that good

You have the same bus, make the same stops and see the same things but the amenities are less and so you have to expect a little less. Next time it is first class all the way.

Regimentation is required since you have appointments to enter locations at a specific time and due to travel distances you have to get moving on time. There is always someone who is late, they are usually late once since the rest of the passengers are not very forgiving of those who cause us delays, but expect some people to be a constant problem. Just deal with it the best you can.

Buy all or at least most of the extra tours, they are great. Also if you do not do the extra dinner, you will have nothing to do. For example if you choose not to go on the extra dinner for 45 euro, you still have to eat someplace and it will probably cost you nearly as much. Also you will not have transportation so you will need to spend more on a cab. Where will you go? What will you order? You do not speak the language most likely, so the experience will not be satisfactory so spend the extra and enjoy. So buy the extra tour and enjoy.

You are going to travel on most days and some days will be long days on the bus. SLEEP on the bus. There is nothing to see and you are tired anyway so sleep on the bus, the time goes faster and you do not notice the ride as much.

Drink water often. It is hot in Europe and you lose a lot of water. Many of the women on the tour do not want to drink too much so they do not need the rest room. So they prefer to get dehydrated and complain of headaches, being dizzy and or tired or just feel sick. Water will cure all this and the bathrooms are available wherever we go so drink water and go when you gotta go!

Eat everything or at least taste everything. This is a new experience and a great way to enliven the conversation trying to determine what you are eating and what it tastes like. If it is that bad you can always spit it out, or you may actually like it!

So those are our suggestions. Enjoy your trip and travel well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb