Seville I


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
May 29th 2011
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is our last leg of the journey in South of Spain. Having travelled across the Andalucía history back and forth, we felt that we need to slow down and enjoy the every minute we spend in Seville. Often we battle against the time but today the time is irrelevant factor.

Nothing beats a few hours spent within its seductive, orange-scented embrace.

We have arrived on a Sunday, the day most places are limited for visitors. The shops and restaurants remained closed until midday. We wonder around the city looking for place to taste a glass of orange juice which is said to be the best in Spain!

The royal palaces in Seville are a marvel. The blend of architectural showcase indicates conquerors' unselfish desire to compete against the predecessors. The Alcazar was a Muslim fortress founded in 913 under Almohades. The palace is one of the best examples of Mudejar architecture. It has been adapted by Seville's rulers in almost every century, since which makes it a mismatch styles but add to its glamour and fascination.

It is advisable to hire a guide who would most probably take you everywhere. We had our own agenda to follow and we therefore often got lost in the endless structure, wondered around clueless until we find our way out.




Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb