Seville Carmona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
December 26th 2008
Published: December 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Carmona:
Some 50km from Seville, the small town of Carmona stands on the highest point of a flat plaine. The day we visited it, the visibility was very good we could see 50 miles in the distance. The Moorish fortress is even higher and should offer a greater view of the countryside.
The town has two entrance known as Cordoba and Seville gates. We parked the van by Cordoba gate and went on exploring the narrow streets of this delightful Moorish town. It’s my dream little town, if I was born here, I would never want to live nowhere else.

Seville:
Again this city was ruled by the Moors from 712 till 1248. Mudejar masterpieces abound such as the Torre del Oro, the minaret tower known as La Giralda, The Palacio Los Reales Alcazares etc…
It’s a beautiful city and a wonderful place to visit and why not live in ( I can always dream).

Isla Christina:
Last Spanish town before Portugal ( only 15km away ).
We liked very much the campsite of Isla Christina so we stayed a week. We visited the town, beautiful sandy beach, almost every day we took the bikes for a ride around
Carmona1
the area, the most daring was to cycle to the frontier of Portugal and then took the ferry across to Portugal.
We spent a nice afternoon in Villa Real; a small Portuguese town. The prices of goods and specially beddings, carpets and towels seem to be very cheap . Linda wanted to buy a lot of things but luckily for my wallet she didn’t want to kart a lot of bulky things all the way back to where the caravan is.
Just as well because on the return leg the back wheel of Linda’s bike had a puncture. Linda had the choice of staying put with the bike while I’ll cycle 15km back to get the motor home or just push the bike all the way back to the Spanish camp site. It was 4pm and we were in the middle of marshland with birds as sole companions. Basically the safest way was to walk the way back. Not much choice.
Linda was brave enough to walk back the 12 miles without too much fuss. We made it back to the Motorhome just before it got too dark.

Cadiz:
Impossible to park and leave the motor home in a
carmona2
safe place. We drove around the historic places but we had to continue driving south towards Algeciras. So we don’t know much Cadiz and I would like to revise it in the future.




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb