France, Spain, and Portugal 2017


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
November 20th 2017
Published: November 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thursday November 16th Seville, Spain
Dawn was up pre-dawn, so to speak, to catch photos of the sunrise. I followed her out just as the sun was appearing and found her way out on a limestone cliff, happy as a clam. After breakfast we loaded up and headed for our one night in Seville. Like Portugal, the highways are great to drive on and we got there in about 2 1/2 hrs. We had booked a quaint little old hotel called the Casa Maestro right within walking distance to all the main sites. To reach it, we had to go down a narrow street with cars parked on both sides and only inches to spare! Pulling into a space in front of a service garage, everyone clambered out, unloading luggage while I hurriedly got instructions from the desk clerk about where to park the car. The hotel was full of character with great chairs and with displays and old photos paying homage to some famous bullfighters and musicians. The wall and small openings in the sitting room actually resembled a guitar. Once settled, we headed down the street to a pub purported to be the oldest in Seville. I ordered a local dish of spinach and chickpeas that Dawn took one bite of before wincing and making a sour face. We then followed a map we were given through narrow winding streets to the huge Seville Cathedral. It is the largest cathedral in the world and Christopher Columbus is buried there. There were scores of horses and buggies in the square waiting to be hired, but Dawn feels too sorry for the horses to ever be pulled by one. (We also stay away from bull fighting arenas of which there are many...luckily they don't happen in November.) We kept walking....Lynda and Dawn were having fun looking for things to buy and photos to take...Barry and I were enjoying looking at all the old buildings and making sure we would never run out of scotch. Seville is a another beautiful Spanish city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb