Palomares to Salamanca upto lunch


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville » Utrera
May 8th 2013
Published: May 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Finding our way out of Seville we stopped for early coffee break and met Pakistani chap who practiced his English on us.

Yamaha racing team truck pulled in making his way back from jerez while we drank our morning caffeine fix.

Ken invited dave G to make an illegal left out of the Car park but the passengers on the bus got short shrift from the bus driver of our convoy.

Weather is excellent for biking very warm and overcast so the 297 miles on riding again on an empty dual carriageway should be no problem.

All bikes doing well, and ken had given Lucas some fun by riding his grandson around the compound before we left

.Miles or kilometres passed and we stopped for lunch along the way, but were possibly followed into our stop by a cop car, and we became more nervous when 2 BMW cop bikes joined them but they eventually went on there way.

Lunch consumed and Goode having tortilla on a rugby ball size roll, we set off half expecting to be pulled and bikes checked to add more on the spot fines and revenue to help spain, so we kept below the speed limits as usual.

And now started climbing towards snow covered peaks and temp dropping.

Stopped for another coffee and klieg stretch we met some south of UK sports bikers who had had kit stolen from their hotel rooms in jerez, which is a worry for us, and goode has also been diligent in getting great and secure parking for our bikes at most hotels.

Goode gave us all key ring in Spanish flag colours as momento of our trip, so on last coffee stop we bought him a guardia civil motorcycle toy to remember his clash with the law.

entering Salamanca we had trouble locating the hotel which was actually above a supermarket in the city centre and dropping into the basement we went happily to individual rooms looking forward to privacy and sound sleeps later

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb