Day 21: Sometimes the second mouse gets the cheese


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Ronda
November 26th 2018
Published: December 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided that we’d rent a car for the week to better explore everything around us, plus transport to the airport is ridulously expensive. However, due to my inability to use a manual and experiencing the pleasures of narrow roads winding through the mountains an automatic was our only viable option. FYI automatics are way more expensive to rent than manauls. Goal 2 for return: become proficient in manaul cars including on hills. We found a rental place that wasn’t going to cost us an arm and a leg and decided we could walk. ADVENTURE!! The beginning of the journey was spot on but after a wrong turn, entering a gated community and freaking a realitor out that we were burglarizing the area, hopes were low we’d actually find this rental place. We got to where the rental company was suppose to be only to find a gated house with Mohammed outside. He was very confused by us, but after explaining why we were trying to get a rental he was incredibly helpful. He called the owner of the home and laughed because the gentleman running the rental typically DELIVERS the care wherever you are. After 3 hours since we had left the hotel, we had the car. When we got back to the hotel and checked our email, 6 minutes after we had taken off to pick up the car, we recieved an email asking where we wanted the car dropped off...sometimes the second mouse gets the cheese! To save the day, we decided to hop In the car and drive through the mountains to get to Ronda. Ronda is famous for its bridge through the gorge and the use of the cliff on which is stands to build the city into. It is truly your picturesque old European town with old churches, huge wooden doors with intricate carvings and little shops and courtyards scattered about. Despite being crushed in the mousetrap earlier in the day, it turned into a wonderful experience and great night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb