Is that a mosquito I can hear?


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Orgiva
October 9th 2011
Published: October 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a mosquito disrupted night we decided to head into Orgiva to explore it properly.

Last night there seemed to be a lot of mossies in our room and I woke up in the middle of the night to find the light on and Tim looking angry! Apparently they kept buzzing in his ear! He managed to squash quite a few with a newspaper but there were still a couple in there somewhere which kept buzzing in our ears every time we were drifting off to sleep. Tonight we will ensure that no more get in. When we looked at the bedroom walls this morning we could see the corpses of squashed mozzies on the ceilings and walls so we clearly not the only people to have had this problem.

We decided to drive to the outskirts of Orgiva then explore on foot. We put Emily in the baby-bjorn as Spain is not that pushchair friendly and there are a lot of big curbs, narrow streets and a general lack of pavements. We walked across town and then on a path that took us above town. The scenery is stunning, as were some of the houses but there are also some very strange little houses that probably haven't changed in the last 100 years. One thing that a walk in Spain can guarantee you is a small dog running up to you yapping manically and growling. They never actually bite you but we think they just enjoy terrifying tourists.

After the walk we headed back into town for a well deserved coca cola. We remembered one of the great things about Spain is the tapas. Our cokes came with free olives and a ham empanada. Also we realised how much cheaper Spain is than France. The 2 drinks came to €3.40 I seem to recall that we were paying that for one drink last year in France and there was no free tapas there.

After that we headed back to the apartment for a late lunch and then a play in the pool. We decided not to take Emily in as it was a bit chilly but she enjoyed sitting on the side kicking her legs in the pool and found it very funny when Tim kept jumping up out of the water.

We bought Emily a jar of baby food for dinner which was labelled “vegetables with carrot”. When we looked on the label where it listed all the vegetables it also included a chicken leg! Spanish babies aren't allowed to not eat meat or fish, in fact there were 4 different fishy baby foods on the market including ones with monkfish and hake.

Right better sweep the room for mozzies before we head to bed....




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb