Marbella, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Marbella
January 9th 2011
Published: January 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we finally made it to Algeciras, paid the ransom on our itty bitty rental car and got the hell out of there. We made it to Marbella, entered into the game of where to stash the car (parking is the main sport in most of urban Spain), found a parking garage for a whopping 18 euros a night and headed onto the street to look for a place to stay. We were immediately helped by a girl passing by us looking stupidly at our map who brought us to a little street that had a few hostels on it. We chose a little place called the Pilarica and it was awesome, run by a little old dude and his wife who welcomed us and hooked us up with a room for 35 euros a night. We stashed our things and headed out into the evening to explore the old town which was a few blocks from the hotel - Marbella definitely has its charms, clean and pretty with trendy little shops and tapas bars with the added attraction of having stunning 5000' mountains in its back yard and the Mediterranean coastline out front.

Started our following day with finding a free street parking spot right around the corner from our hotel. Not only did we spot it, we ran and got our car out of the garage, found the spot again, and got into it before someone else could steal it. It's pretty much like winning the lottery. Anyone who has been to this part of the world will know what we're talking about.

We spent the rest of the day walking the boardwalk a few miles down the coastline and enjoying the beauiful warm sunny weather, trying to store the memory of warmth for our imminent return home to icy Colorado. It's very well done and popular along the coastline there in Marbella with lots of people and a bajillion kids on rollerblades, bikes, scooters and in pimped out little stollers strolling along. It was a pretty relaxing day and nice to be by the water.

Here's a video of Todd working off his tapas y canas: Jane Fonda, watch out

Next stop, Granada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



11th January 2011

looks very inviting along the sea shore,love the narrow street and the balconies with flower box.
11th January 2011

sagoll
Finea!!!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb