On the Road with Jugslie in Spain…


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Marbella
October 14th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We picked up our automatic diesel Mercedes at Hertz 1st thing in the morning. We are super lucky as this car has more than enough space for us, our luggage and some extras. The first stop is Ronda. From Seville, this is about a 2 hour drive south. It is an absolutely cute and little town with incredible views. Ronda is where Ernest Hemingway based some of his stories. The bridge and bull ring are two of the popular attractions of this town. We took a stroll followed by lunch in the mountains.

We continued our drive south to Marbella. WHOA. It was a ridiculous long windy road through the mountains. As I was driving, all I kept hearing is slow down, yet I was going slower than the speed limit. Sheri clenched every other minute screaming OMG. She was on the passenger side looking down the mountainside. All I hear is look… OMG, it’s the ocean… but don’t look - lol. It was a trip and ½. We arrive at our B&B in the mountains - WOW. This is a super serene home with lots of character. Our room is huge! The pool and lounge area is airy and comfortable. There are many areas to sit and relax. Oh and there are 4 dogs at the home - 2 of which are puppies (named short legs and long legs). They are super sweet and friendly.

Our host, Maria who happens to be French directed us to a restaurant on the beach. She specifically suggests that we order the fish baked in a layer of salt then smashed open. So we did… and it was marvelous. Of course I am on my Gilthead trip (Dorado) as it is absolutely delicious. It was the fanciest meal I have eaten in the past 6 weeks, yet it was still less expensive than a meal in NYC - WTF. Why is NYC so darn pricey…? I just don’t get it. Anyhow, tomorrow is our nothing day! That means whatever goes… beach, sun, wine, etc…



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb