Málaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
August 20th 2016
Published: September 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

CartojalCartojalCartojal

Official wine of La Feria de Málaga
Our last 2 days in Málaga was marked by the Feria de Málaga – a weeklong festival held every August to celebrate the city’s Reconquista from the Moors in 1487. Our accommodation was in the thick of it and we had to maneuver our way around the partying crowd who had gathered to watch bands play on the balconies. Actually it was a very good location with an inner Arab inspired courtyard which shut off the noisy crowds outside. We spent much if the day walking around getting a feel for the place and the locals partying on the streets with impromptu Sevillianas style Flamenco dancing. We tried the local Cartojal wine which everyone was drinking. We later found out it was sherry hence the sweetness. However it was nice to sit in our courtyard away from the crowds and relax after a long walk down to the Port and back.

The next day we went to the Cathedral, which unlike Sevilla, was much more quiet and just as impressive as Sevilla. The interior was more Renaissance in style. Afterward we went to the Alcazaba, the citadel in the middle of the historical centre and climbed the Castillio de Gibralfaro. What an exercise, and what a view! Well worth the visit. After picking up our bus tickets to Granada we headed on foot to the Malguenta beach. In all honesty, it was nice but nothing special. Beach umbrella after beach umbrella and dark sand. I swam for a little while. At least we can now say we went to Costa del Sol! In the evening we went out for a slightly earlier dinner (9pm) to Palacio del Nazari – a Middle Eastern restaurant for tagine and Shisha! It was so so, but atmospheric and a very nice way to spend our last evening in Málaga. Afterwards we had a beer and said Buenos noches Málaga!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb