Malaga - getting ready for La Feria...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
August 14th 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Live statues in downtownLive statues in downtownLive statues in downtown

Calle Alarios is a big pedesdrian street downtown, and in the days & weeks leading up to feria, there are several individuals in character. This "artist" was supposedly sketching a person's portrait.
Last night, the annual Feria event kicked off in Malaga. Around midnight, we walked down to the boardwalk with the kids to see the grand fireworks display that takes place at the port of Malaga. As I ran on the boardwalk yesterday morning, it was exciting to see all the festival booths being set up for the big concert taking place on the beach last night. We did not see the concert, since we had the kids and they were super tired.

A couple of nights ago, Eva & I went downtown to dine and hang out with some of her old friends from the university - most of whom work as translators. It was fun to see all the preparations for the Feria in downtown as well. They hold the festival downtown during the day, then it moves to the Feria grounds in the evenings - supposedly so that people that live downtown get some sleep.

Here are a few photos from the last few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Gold statueGold statue
Gold statue

This guy was super cool looking!
With Eva's friends downtownWith Eva's friends downtown
With Eva's friends downtown

At the Bar Tribeca in downtown Malaga with Eva's friends from university.


15th August 2009

checking on you
I loved the pictures. It was fortunate you were there for the big celebration in Malaga. Tonight we are going to Don Sherman's for a dinner party. He said it was casual and there was no agenda. He has been ill and I think he just wants to entertain old friends. Anita has had foot surgery so we will pick her up to go to the dinner party. Give Lucas a hug from Nana and Papa John. Give yourself one also. It makes me so happy to see you enjoying life so very much. I guess Dave will arrive soon. All our love to all.
18th August 2009

Pictures of Mimes
When I saw the pictures of the mimes at the festival, it reminded me of the mime dressed up as a Terra Cotta Warrior. It was fun to watch the reaction of the persons who thought he was a 'real' statue - then when he moved, they literally almost jumped out of their skin!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb