Bombule, El Chorro


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
December 15th 2005
Published: February 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

El Chorro: Steep gorges of Orange Rock, blue-skies and warm Spanish mid-winter sun, and a group of cave-dwelling climbers intent on celebrating life!

I came to El Chorro to hopefully meet up with some climbers and get on the rock for a bit before my plunge back to cold-europe for christmas. What I have found is a scene that inspires and captivates, and one that I am not so eager to leave.

Living in a cave in winter may sound like pretty tough going, but it really is quite comfortable. Our cave - one of about 9 - has doors, windows, a cooker, even a kitchen sink outside! It stays really quite warm day and night, and with the added amenities of couch, mattress and fireplace (with chimney) is a good one!
Among the cave-dwellers here, the cry of "Bom-Bulei" is the greeting or victory call; a means of locating and identifying each other and often the signal of a new celebration!

On the rock, there is almost endless variation available to the climber: Steep walls with large stalactites and flowstones for powerful pump-fests as well as thin, delicate, vertical faces to test the nerves and fingers. Pockets, cracks, slopers, crimps, it's all here!

In Spain, M is for Mullet that is the preferred hair adornment of men and women alike. M is for Mandarins that grow evertywhere and are oh so sweet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 126; dbt: 0.1316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb