France, Spain, and Portugal 2017


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga » Malaga
November 21st 2017
Published: November 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Saturday November 19th and Sunday November 20th... Malaga
After leaving Gibraltar we drove to Malaga situated on the Costa del Sol...Sun Coast. The hills and coast line along the way were filled with what looked like condos and resorts. The Barcelo Malaga was a modern hotel adjacent to the new mall/rail station complex and located near the bus terminal which made for serious convenience. (In the hotel there was a metal slide from the first floor down to the mezzanine bar.) The mall was filled with restaurants and we each picked something different for dinner take out...Taco Bell for me, Pizza Hut for Dawn and Sushi for the Temples. On Sunday we took a short taxi ride to Plaza Marina to walk about the stunning old town, an area with everything from cafes to ruins to museums and everything in between. The architecture and lush park spaces that we have seen throughout our trip were prominent again. It was Sunday morning so when we walked into one of the amazing cathedrals in the historic area we were, incredibly, allowed with others to briefly observe Sunday Mass with it's chanting, tiny bells, and thundering pipe organ. We finished our visit to Malaga with a walk along the waterfront, busy with families, tourists, sun seekers and diners. A short taxi ride took us back to the hotel to retrieve our luggage with just enough time to walk to the bus depot to catch a 2:30 bus to Granada. I had prebooked seats on a superbus, very comfortable with entertainment systems and wifi just like the ones on airplanes. It was a welcome respite before our next adventure, Granada and the amazing Alhambra.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb