Marbella and malaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga » Archidona
January 19th 2012
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After spwnding the day before going to the beach and spending the day around porto Banus, quite a purpose bulit place with lots of shops and huge boats in the marina with nice cars parked by them, decided to go to MArbella on the Thrursday. a lovely walk of around an hour 30 mins along the coast and the weather was baking hot, was able to bust out the shorts and t-shirt combo and this with a bit of a burn looked like a proper brit tourist on the costa del sol! Marbella is a really nice town with a brilliant old town centre combined, not at all like the images portrayed of it in the English media. Had a fantastic walk around the town and went off to have my first tapas of the holiday. Had croquettes with jamon y queso, olives, olive bread and scramled eggs with black pudding - an incredible meal!!! Then went to an argentinian cake shop and had the biggest piece of cake i have had in ages and was only 3.50. Great deal and really full!

After a walk through the town got picked up by anna's mum and back to her house for a typically late spanish dinner, getting more and more used to eating and going to bed later.

Next day Anna off to work in a school and me off to malaga, up very early and kindly dropped off at the bus station by annas mum for the bus to Malaga. relatively short journey and no information to go town centre when arrived, 1 km south west of the centre, did some quality navigation by the suna nd ended up in the centre of town. Centre not as nice as marbella but still nicer than portrayed sterotypically. walked around the cathedral and the town centre without going inside, not needed apparently. went to the free museum of contempory art which had an exhibition on picutres of Mars altered, looked really good.

Following this headed to the castillo and the Alcazaba which cost 3.50 for both and had spectacular views over Malaga. Very interesting. Went for a taco Bell and headed back home. Thought that a walk back from the bus station in marbella was a good idea, took a lot longer than thought, although the walk was very nice along the coast with spectacular sunset. Absolutely knackered after the day though. Went to bed really early after the daily bottle of wine shared with anna's mum linda. Me gusta espana!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb