Day 10: The Wonders of the Alhambra


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
September 17th 2015
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.1882, -3.60667

On this, our last full day in Spain, we were up early to catch a 7:30 AM bus up the hill to the Alhambra.

We had an 8:30 AM entry time to the Nazrid Palace (Palacios Nazaries), so we walked down the hill from the main entrance to queue up at the Justice Gate near the entrance to the palace.

It was a cool overcast day that turned sunny by mid-morning, a glorious day for a stroll through the last and greatest Moorish palace, village, fort, gardens, and stronghold in Europe.

We'll just use our photos to illustrate the splendor and wonder of this place, including the Palacios Nazaries, the Charles V Palace, the Alcazaba (the fort, the original "red castle," Alhambra), the Medina (village), and the Generalife Gardens.

After a full morning at the Alhambra, it was time to head down the hill into the city to walk through the cathedral (the second largest in Spain, after the one in Sevilla) and the Royal Chapel.

That evening, we ate at La Vinoteca, recommended by hotel staff, half a block down the street, and then packed quickly.

A 4:00 AM wake up call and 5:00 AM taxi awaited in the morning for our 24-hour long journey home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb