Day 9: On to Granada!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
September 16th 2015
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.1765, -3.59793

After checking out, we headed to the train station to catch a noon train to Granada, our last stop on this blitz through Spain. This train was a bit of a milk run to Granada, albeit quite comfortable, with the last segment by bus because the train tracks were under repair.

It was a short taxi ride from the train station to our hotel in the old town area of Granada, the Hotel Anacapri. After check-in and dumping our bags in the room, we navigated our way to Plaza Nueva to pick up the city card, Bono Turistico, that we'd purchased online to cover admission to the major sites, including the Alhambra, the Cathedral, and the Royal Chapel.

We have an early 8:30 AM entry time to the Nazrid Palace on the Alhambra site tomorrow.

Our walking tour of the central area of Granada got us oriented to the Cathedral, Royal Chapel, bus stops, restaurants, and ice cream. For dinner, we picked out a recommended restaurant near our hotel, Los Bodegas Castenada. We dined on an Andalucian salad, paella, gazpacho, and cod Santiago style -- delicioso!

Sharon's had a regional dry white wine and I've had a local beer with every dinner on this trip, and they've been most enjoyable, too.

After a frozen yogurt, we headed back to the hotel because we had to be up early to catch a bus up the hill to the Alhambra site to be there when the gates open in the morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb