Sun, History and Some Suckling Pig


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
October 14th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our 2nd day in Marbella was lovely. We went to the beach in the morning, got some sun and headed to the supermarket. Here we got olives, bread, meats, cheeses and wine to feast on throughout the day. It was our ‘anything goes’ day. We truly enjoyed the day of nothingness as we were about to embark on one truly long day.

Following breakfast, we hit the road. We made our way to Granada (which was about a 2 hour drive). Upon arrival, we checked into our beautiful hotel (similar to a riad) and headed straight to a restaurant. After eating a hearty meal, we walked up a long and steep hill to the entrance to the Alhambra. One word - HUGE. We bought tickets a few weeks ago as there are days they just book up and don’t allow people in! We started our walk through the Generalife. As of now (from what I have seen), the Biltmore in North Carolina has the most beautiful gardens… but the Alhambra has the most amazing rose gardens! I was speechless as the colors were mesmerizing. We spent a descent amount of time wondering around and taking it all in. Our ticket for the Palace of the Nasrids was for 6pm. As it was only 5pm, we literally found some shade to sit and relax. I lied down on a bench and fell asleep. YES peeps, I can fall asleep almost anywhere.

We entered the palace and instantly realized it was a like the Alcazar in Seville on steroids. It was a Moorish palace that was built in the 1200’s. My pictures will tell the story best.

Following this long ass day, we took some needed showers, dolled ourselves up and hit Mirador de Morayma. We got the idea from Gwyneth and Bittman (from On the Road Again - courtesy of PBS). This was one fine dining experience. To say the least, I had a feast of some delicious suckling pig. After wine and swine, I hit the hay. It was one lovely day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb