Day 48 Valencia to Granada via many, many towns


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
June 4th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The vistas today were far different from our previous few days. We had chosen to travel by coach so as to see the vast amount of countryside and small towns we would be passing by and through. We weren’t to be disappointed, even though we arrived at our accommodation pretty tired out.

Not having much of an idea of the landform structure or use in Spain, all of today was a learning experience. The ruggedness and aridness of the journey did surprise us. We did not see or pass over any rivers, however, we did pass over many a river bed, both wide and narrow that had not seen water in a long time. One could tell that when it did rain, it rained in torrents, as the erosion of the ridges had formed many gullies and water erosion was clearly evident. The mountain ranges became more prevalent the more we travelled south and then turned inland towards Granada. Previous to that whilst on the narrow coastal plain the hills looked like pimples appearing from the surface. Citrus crops, olive groves and vineyards followed us the whole way plus other tree crops of which we had no idea what they were. Every slope on the side of the valleys and even extending up the sides of the mountains was used for extremely well-ordered and maintained tree crops. Some of the small towns, particularly inland, were definitely in need of a manicure. Infrastructure through the towns was run down and had not seen maintenance in quite a while. The coastal towns were better off as the tourism euro had aided in the maintenance and building of new amenities.

Snow is on the Sierra Nevada Mountains surrounding the town we are in. As a matter-of-fact it is clearly seen from our room window. Dinner has been had and as we are pretty tired it’s time to hit-the-sack.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement






















Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb