Living on the Costa Part 4


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Costa del Sol
February 13th 2011
Published: February 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Almunecar


Living on the Costa – Part 4

Monday 24th January – Tuesday 1st Feb 2011

After seven and a half weeks waiting we finally have our cracked windscreen replaced on site by a mobile unit and our new tax disc arrived in the post ( thanks Carol ) so no excuses to stay – time to move on as planned on February 2nd.

Activities this week included school and more school, Spanish lessons, ten pin bowling, and skateboarding.

On Thursday we drove over to Almunecar to see Mike and Carol who regularly winter there. Their rented flat had superb views of the bay and sun all day long. We drove along the coast to a small bay and lunched at a small beach restaurant owned by a Greek and his son. The meze they served up was good and a nice change. We then had a walk along the promenade before wishing them farewell and driving back to Cabopino.

Carole and Bill kindly looked after the boy’s on Friday night allowing us a rare evening out on our lonesomes.

Sunday brought the big match at the sports bar – Arsenal v Huddersfield in the FA cup.
Lucky, lucky cheating gunners - the terriers were robbed !
We followed this with Sunday lunch out a Chinese at Cabopino harbour sat in warm sunshine.

Monday brought a final Paella session in warm sunshine outdoors that only ended when the sun went down.

Tuesday involved final prep for our move the next day and a final farewell BBQ with the Tangier Ten – very pleasant with such good company.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb