Days16/17


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Conil de la Frontera
June 4th 2017
Published: June 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We've had a lazy couple of days, glad of the more bearable temperatures...still 28/9 but accompanied by breezes. We're on a lovely spacious site about 3 miles from the wonderful wild stretches of beach and Atlantic ocean. The site has a beautiful pool, which is open!!! Had a great reviving swim when we arrived. We've explored along the coast and found many beaches, stopping at one which had terrific surf. We kept well away from the surfers and because there was an undertow, only went in close to others and not too far out...great jumping over and under the waves. This coastline is quieter and wilder than the other Costas and not nearly as much development for tourism.Yesterday Graham wanted to visit Cabo de Trafalgar, a headland, off which Nelson defeated a Spanish and French fleet in 1805, but died in battle. We'd been warned that the Spanish hadn't made much of the area-not surprising and saw a monument on the cliff top from a distance, we walked down a boardwalk onto a beach for a good view and, cameras aimed at the monument, discovered, in the foreground, a group of nudist sun worshippers...we got more than just the monument in our pics!!? I suggested to Graham that maybe that was why Nelson had lost one eye!!!!! I'd better only upload the censored pics!

On our way back to camp we found a beautiful pueblo blanco, white town, on a hilltop, with fifteen hangliders catching the thermals as the sun was sinking......will be exploring Vejer de la Frontera another day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb